Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Tyler's First Haircut

Well, the time had come. In fact, I had been putting it off. I knew I wanted to be the one to cut his hair, but I didn't want to mess it up too bad, seeing as how I had never cut hair before. But I bought some scissors and went to it. Here are some before pictures:The picture showing the back of his hair doesn't really show it well, but it was getting long and kind of curling under like a bob! hahaha! And when he had bed head, it was crazy to the point we called him a "mad scientist". Sometimes it wouldn't comb down very well at all, though it was still cute (of course!).

Oh - and here we're just having fun. :)


So we tied him in a desk chair and I wet his hair... And I, er, went to work. My first client was a little wiggly...



He wasn't very patient with me and so eventually we let him up and I just chased him around with the scissors and comb (and there are some spots where that is obvious). Fortunately, all his friends are his age and just as obivious about his looks as he is so I have some time to get it down. (Sorry son!) Here are the results:




Now he REALLY looks like his daddy! Handsome fellows, I say! :)

2 comments:

Mommy Diffee said...

So cute I love it! I am so afraid to come near Peyton with scissors ... neither one of us is very coordinated! He looks great!

Sarah said...

Good job! Yeah, I did NOT trust myself with scissors near Luke's head (either for safety or quality reasons!), so we splurged on a professional-quality hair clippers and some longer combs that attach to it, so I could just "buzz" away! I don't have to worry about cutting him, it usually turns out very nice, and hopefully will last us till all our kids are grown and out of the house!